Hope it finds you feeling. . .jolly, holly, joyful, merry, grateful, hopeful and whatever else may be floating your boat.
Sorry had to start my Christmas Eve post with a little DMB. Twas the day before Christmas and all the elves were stirring. I believe the bread stuffing has been prepped, the turkey is thawing so it can get its golden brown tan on the grill. My Arrigo Sausage stuffing has begun to thaw along with the Pittsburgh Highlander Filets.
Taking a minute to reflect on old traditions today. Yes it can be Christmas without the snow. The weather is only part of it, the people and the traditions usually is what everybody remembers.
Whether it was the party at 222 where all the friends and family would stop after midnight mass that was actually at midnight. Or getting to bed in time for Santa. Or making Granny Riley’s shrimp dip, with a modification since we appreciate the freshness of the gulf. I think we even caught her notes on when to put the prime rib in. .
Tomato shrimp cracker dip thingy
- 2 pkg gelatin
- Heat to dissolve gelatin mixture
- In a separate bowl premix
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8oz cream cheese
- Sea salt
- Pepper fresh ground
- Add gelatin mix to cream cheese mix
- In a separate bowl mix
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup celery finely chopped
- 30 fresh wild caught gulf shrimp (chopped)
- Combine gelatin cream cheese mix with into shrimp bowl, mix then add to mold
- Refrigerate the mold over nite for mold to firm up.
- Serve with yummy crackers or toasted French baguette.
What DMB song is the name of this post?