Crawford and Phoebe asked me to take a pause from puppy photos and our life to take a deeper dive into our HUMANITY. They both fell asleep to “Stand with Ukraine” from the Kyiv subway recorded earlier in May.
- In the United States this holiday was originally set aside to remember Union soldiers who died during the Civil War.
- At the end of the Civil War, many U.S. cities held their own memorial observations for their hometown heroes.
- After World War I, Memorial Day expanded to include those who died in any war or military action.
- The name “Memorial Day,” became more common after World War II, and in 1967 was declared the official name by Federal law.
STAND WITH HUMANITY
STAND WITH MEXICO
Mexico’s Gun Violence Suit in the US District Court
- Yes we Americans are truly helpless and not represented by our representatives in Congress.
- Our court’s were designed to be the check and balance when our elected representatives are negligent in their duties to We the People.
- Congress actually passed a law in 2005 U.S. protecting gun manufacturers from liability.
- Look up the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act for yourself.
- Yes if you find it funny that Our Congress would pass a law that protects Corporations over People then you really are not looking beyond the rhetoric and political storytelling that has shaped the theater of 2022.
- Mexico claims guns smuggled from U.S. killed 17,000 in 2019.
- The Mexican Government has a lawsuit filed against U.S. gun manufacturers and distributors and the arguments made by the Mexican government in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts are hereby made public.
- The Attorneys General of Massachusetts and 13 additional states, note the interest of Massachusetts in having the lawsuit continue. They establish that the PLCAA (Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act) does not grant immunities when a state law is violated, supporting the Mexican government’s argument.
- 27 District Attorneys, led by San Francisco County, highlight the relationship between arms trafficking and increased crime .
- Victims of armed violence, organizations, and experts relate the harm suffered by Mexicans as a result of illicit arms trafficking, which is actively facilitated by the negligent and illicit practices of the defendants.
- The Government of Belize and the Government of Antigua and Barbuda, together with a nongovernmental organization involved in human security issues in Latin America and the Caribbean, emphasize the negative consequences of illicit arms trafficking.
- US civil society groups that promote arms control in support of Mexico’s arguments.
- International law scholars, principally European, agree with the Mexican government’s arguments regarding the application of laws in cases of cross-border harm.
STAND WITH SANDY HOOK
The above Mexico situation is why CBS Sunday Morning had to share this Sandy Hook story.
STAND WITH UVALDE
School should be a safe place to grow our next generation of leaders. This is why I coach, I’d like to make a difference by shaping humans. As we pray and send love out to Uvalde, we also need to look at the full scope of human life in the United States.
|Incident Date||State||City Or County||# Killed||# Injured|
|May 25, 2022||Pennsylvania||Philadelphia||0||4|
|May 24, 2022||Texas||Uvalde||22||Texas|
|May 23, 2022||Ohio||Cleveland||0||5|
|May 23, 2022||South Carolina||North Charleston||0||5|
|May 21, 2022||Indiana||Goshen||2||3|
|May 21, 2022||Washington||Tacoma||0||4|
|May 20, 2022||Florida||Kissimmee||1||3|
|May 20, 2022||California||Highland||1||8|
|May 20, 2022||Louisiana||New Orleans||1||3|
|May 19, 2022||Illinois||Chicago||2||7|
|May 18, 2022||Pennsylvania||Philadelphia||0||5|
|May 17, 2022||California||Palo Alto (East Palo Alto)||1||3|
|May 15, 2022||California||Laguna Woods||1||5|
|May 15, 2022||North Carolina||Winston Salem (Winston-salem)||0||7|
|May 15, 2022||North Carolina||Elizabeth City||0||4|
|May 15, 2022||Texas||Houston||2||3|
|May 15, 2022||Texas||Amarillo||1||4|
|May 14, 2022||New York||Buffalo||10||3|
|May 13, 2022||Wisconsin||Milwaukee||0||17|
|May 12, 2022||Arkansas||Hot Springs National Park (Hot Springs)||1||4|
|May 11, 2022||Illinois||Chicago||0||4|
|May 11, 2022||Missouri||Saint Louis||1||3|
|May 11, 2022||Indiana||Indianapolis||0||4|
|May 11, 2022||New Jersey||Paterson||1||4|
|May 10, 2022||Maryland||Baltimore||0||5|
|May 10, 2022||Illinois||Chicago||1||4|
|May 10, 2022||Illinois||Chicago||0||6|
|May 10, 2022||Pennsylvania||Philadelphia||0||4|
|May 10, 2022||Maryland||Baltimore||1||3|
|May 10, 2022||Texas||Brookshire||1||3|
|May 9, 2022||Michigan||Detroit||0||4|
|May 9, 2022||Alabama||Tuscaloosa||0||5|
|May 8, 2022||Georgia||Clarkston||3||3|
|May 7, 2022||Kentucky||Lexington||2||3|
|May 7, 2022||Texas||Garland||2||2|
|May 7, 2022||Florida||Miami||0||4|
|May 6, 2022||Louisiana||New Orleans||2||4|
|May 5, 2022||Washington||Sunnyside||0||5|
|May 3, 2022||Louisiana||Baton Rouge||0||5|
|May 3, 2022||Kansas||Cowley (county)||0||4|
|May 3, 2022||Texas||Beaumont||0||5|
|May 1, 2022||Louisiana||Lafayette||0||12|
|May 1, 2022||Ohio||Springfield||1||4|
|May 1, 2022||Florida||Tarpon Springs||0||6|
|May 1, 2022||South Carolina||North Charleston||1||3|
|April 30, 2022||Georgia||Atlanta||1||4|
|April 30, 2022||Mississippi||Jackson||1||5|
|April 29, 2022||Tennessee||Jackson||2||2|
|April 29, 2022||Louisiana||New Orleans||0||6|
|April 29, 2022||Mississippi||Laurel||0||4|
|April 28, 2022||Alabama||Bessemer||1||3|
|April 27, 2022||Illinois||Chicago||0||4|
|April 27, 2022||Louisiana||Opelousas||2||3|
|April 27, 2022||Mississippi||Biloxi||4||0|
|April 27, 2022||Texas||San Antonio||0||5|
|April 27, 2022||Arizona||Phoenix||0||4|
|April 25, 2022||Alabama||Birmingham||1||3|
|April 24, 2022||South Carolina||Myrtle Beach||1||3|
|April 24, 2022||Indiana||Lafayette||2||4|
|April 23, 2022||Illinois||Chicago||2||2|
|April 23, 2022||North Carolina||Rocky Mount||0||4|
|April 23, 2022||California||San Bernardino||1||4|
|April 23, 2022||Georgia||Atlanta||0||5|
|April 22, 2022||Virginia||Petersburg||1||5|
|April 22, 2022||Ohio||Cincinnati||0||4|
|April 22, 2022||District of Columbia||Washington||1||4|
|April 21, 2022||Arkansas||Mountain View||4||0|
|April 20, 2022||Minnesota||Duluth||5||0|
|April 17, 2022||Pennsylvania||Philadelphia||0||4|
|April 17, 2022||Oregon||Portland||1||3|
|April 17, 2022||South Carolina||Furman||0||9|
|April 17, 2022||California||Sacramento||1||3|
|April 17, 2022||Florida||Miami||1||3|
|April 17, 2022||Pennsylvania||Pittsburgh||2||9|
|April 17, 2022||Louisiana||Baldwin||0||5|
|April 16, 2022||South Carolina||Columbia||0||9|
|April 16, 2022||Maryland||Baltimore||1||3|
|April 16, 2022||Nevada||North Las Vegas||0||4|
|April 16, 2022||Texas||Daingerfield||1||6|
|April 16, 2022||New York||Syracuse||1||4|
|April 15, 2022||California||Stockton||2||2|
|April 12, 2022||New York||Brooklyn||0||10|
|April 12, 2022||New York||Bronx||1||3|
|April 10, 2022||Louisiana||Baton Rouge||0||4|
|April 10, 2022||Iowa||Cedar Rapids||2||10|
|April 10, 2022||Illinois||Elgin||2||4|
|April 10, 2022||California||Willowbrook||2||5|
|April 10, 2022||Indiana||Indianapolis||1||5|
|April 9, 2022||District of Columbia||Washington||0||4|
|April 9, 2022||Florida||Miami||0||4|
|April 6, 2022||Pennsylvania||Philadelphia||1||4|
|April 4, 2022||Kentucky||Covington||0||4|
|April 4, 2022||Connecticut||Hartford||1||3|
|April 3, 2022||New York||Buffalo||0||4|
|April 3, 2022||California||San Francisco||2||2|
|April 3, 2022||Texas||Dallas||1||16|
|April 3, 2022||California||Sacramento||6||12|
|April 2, 2022||North Carolina||Shelby||1||3|
|April 2, 2022||Louisiana||Monroe||1||5|
|April 2, 2022||Colorado||Colorado Springs||0||4|
|April 2, 2022||Louisiana||Shreveport||1||3|
|April 1, 2022||South Carolina||Walterboro||0||4|
|March 26, 2022||California||Hollister||2||3|
|March 26, 2022||Ohio||Cleveland||0||4|
|March 25, 2022||Colorado||Colorado Springs||2||2|
|March 22, 2022||California||Stockton||1||3|
|March 21, 2022||Connecticut||Waterbury||0||4|
|March 21, 2022||Illinois||Chicago||2||2|
|March 20, 2022||Wisconsin||Milwaukee||0||4|
|March 20, 2022||Texas||Houston||1||3|
|March 20, 2022||Texas||Austin||0||4|
Ask honest questions, listen with open ears, write your lawmakers for change. Call your lawmakers for change. Learn more about guns even if you don’t feel the need to carry, hunt or manage pests with firearms. Understand that all weapons really are semi-automatic.