BACK IN 2019 WE WERE LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING ANGEL JOIN US IN THE FLORIDA PANHANDLE AND WE WERE PLANNING TO SHOW HIM THE FINER PARTS OF TOWN AND THE BEACH. WE EVEN CREATED A LIST OF PLACES FOR OUR FRIEND TO CHECK OUT. Who would have thought immediately after that Christmas the whole world would be upside down? Looking back on that time I’m glad we were able to get everybody together.
- Visit a Fort, does Ft. Walton Beach count? What about the Gulf Islands National Seashore with Fort Pickens or Fort Barrancas.
- Destin’s Boardwalk https://goo.gl/maps/9vipUvto4pitMxL96
- Destin’s other Boardwalk at Henderson Park
- Destin Brewery
- Check on the Big Foot stories for NW Florida
- Go to the beach, that’s easy.
- See animals at the zoo- the Gulfarium will have to do . .
- Learn to Golf- maybe mini-golf at the go-kart track and remember to use Golf Now for discounts. Some greens are being maintained.
- The Track
- The Raven
- Regatta Bay
- Kelly Plantation
- Local Museum- Airforce, Destin Fishing Museum or Pensacola Museum of Commerce
- Botanical Garden, thinking Eden, it’s on the way to ECP airport. EGP map
- Boat Ride in the bay.
- 790 was still on the Gulf at Crystal Beach
- Hooters for the strip cheese sandwich.
Then last year we experienced the first Covid-19 Christmas 2020 when we had to stay socially distanced, masked up, went to midnight mass online, prayed for a quick distribution of the Pfizer vaccine and really had to hope that all those steps would be enough to stop the spread of Covid-19.
Then we had a summer of outdoor activity on the river after the vaccines, but then met Delta as school started in the fall of 2021. It made for a good learning experience as to how real people lived with the restrictions.
After a rocky soccer season, I realized it was time to re-focus my energy for the new projects of 2022. May you also find your center and reach out into the universe.