You may want to bust out your calculator or spreadsheet in 2020, to half or quarter your recipes from past years. Be smart, be safe, if meeting with people outside your bubble mask up and meet outside.
If eating with said people, have a chef plate the meals and a masked server serve the meals. In the north set up your garage for dinner, open the door and create mini-pod tables instead of a grand table. If you are lucky to be in the south, do the same on your grand porch. It is what it is and considering how open some states are this is not the year for the traditional pass the dish Christmas dinner.
Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes- cream cheese & sour cream.
- 12 med. potatoes
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- pinch of garlic powder/garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter.
Peel and boil potatoes, mash all ingredients except butter.
Put into greased casserole/ place button on top.
Cover and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 (.25 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound cooked Gulf shrimp
- 1 cup minced celery
- 1/2 cup green onions, minced
- Heat soup in a small saucepan or in a microwave oven.
- In a medium bowl, stir gelatin into cold water. Mix hot tomato soup into the gelatin liquid.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise together. Mix soup mixture into the mayonnaise and cream cheese mixture. Mix well. Add shrimp, celery, and green onions.
- Spoon the mixture into a 1 quart mold and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight. Unmold onto a serving plate before serving.