Happy January 2023. If you’ve received the end of year/Christmas/New Years Card you know what the DMB song of the year is for us. However thanks to Linds and Annabelle we did our own exploring today through our Atlas Coffee Subscription. This month in where are you going? We go to Ethiopia. Where in the world is Ethiopia? If you are a Gen Xer you get the reference to the early educational computer game that became a TV show on PBS.
Ethiopia, in the Horn of Africa, is a rugged, landlocked country split by the Great Rift Valley. With archaeological finds dating back more than 3 million years, it’s a place of ancient culture. Among its important sites are Lalibela with its rock-cut Christian churches from the 12th–13th centuries. Aksum is the ruins of an ancient city with obelisks, tombs, castles and Our Lady Mary of Zion church.
- Quick facts
- 113.5 million people
- Capital City- Addis Ababa (3.8 million people)
- Current Constitution 1995
- Government – Federal Parliamentary Republic
- President- Sahle-Work Zewde
- Prime Minister- Abiy Ahmed Ali
- Upper House- House of Federation (112 members currently)
- Lower House- House of Peoples’ Representatives (547 members with 122 currently vacant)
- 2/3 Christian
- 1/3 Islam
- Over 85% of electricity comes from Hydropower.
- 85% of labor goes toward agriculture.
- Coffee is the largest export.
Meanwhile in the dog world- Place is a command.
In the dog world—We–PHOEBE and CRAWFORD–spent this week with a day at doggy school with Say It Once Vinnie. He reminded dad that we need to keep working on our place command. Dad had the idea to make it Peloton and Place He takes a 30 minute ride and we practice our meditation on our place beds. Phoebe of course has it mastered. Crawford however still has some work to do.