In 2020, we must look at day to day life with an approach of gratitude. If Covid-19 has taught us anything at this point, it should be to approach every day as if it could be our last and to practice kindness daily. If you are not approaching this holiday season with gratitude for what you can do vs. what we can’t do this will definitely be difficult to mentally handle. Family, therapy, prayer, antidepressants and friends will be key to helping the global population get through this challenge.
In 2019 we did a little house closing party and early Thanksgiving in Monongahela with extended family and photo sharing. In retrospect that would not happen now.
While this year our Thanksgiving will be different: we are thankful for all of those people in the United States who understand the severity of a global pandemic and continue to take precautions to ensure the the long term survival of our globe. We are grateful for your continued respect for masks, pick-up, hand washing, social distancing and just staying home. For those of us that can work from home we are blessed to be able to use technology to still make things happen. Our Turkey day will be a household Turkey Trot, Heat and serve dinner with a Zoom celebration before the Baltimore v Pittsburgh game.
- Modifications made using food processor and GF modifications:
- 2# Freedom Farms Ground Beef
- 2# Freedom Farms Italian Sausage
- 1/2 # butter salted
- 9 carrots, peeled, shredded
- 6 celery sticks, shredded
- 2 green pepper, shredded
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups rice
- (omit 10 slices of bread for GF)
- Cook Sausage in Oven 325, 10 minutes, grind in food processer.
- Cook ground beef separately, brown and mix with sausage.
- Melt butter, saute carrots, green pepper, celery
- Cook rice
- Toss all item together (mix)
- Place in buttered casserole, butter on top, heat in oven for 30 minutes at 325.
- Let me note my gratitude for the food processor instead of chopping like the great aunts did years ago.
- THE MENU
- Turkey with gravy (w/o for Gluten Free (GF)) 🦃
- Arrigo Dressing (GF)
- Corn Casserole or Buttered Corn (GF) 🌽
- Green Beans (GF)
- Mashed Potatoes (GF)
- Pumpkin Cupcakes 🧁
- Zoom at 12:15
- Delivery within 10 miles of 15022
Thanks to Covid-19, the American way, the lack of consideration for fellow man, people who don’t wear masks, those that couldn’t pass up Halloween Parties, DJT superspreader events before Nov. 2 we will need to continue to celebrate together but apart. Outdoors and not in after 14-day quarantines and better Covid-19 testing. Hopefully by Thanksgiving 2021 we will be able to go about life in a more normal way with the assistance and acceptance of a vaccine.